For the first time, thanks to Atlas Corps I had the opportunity to attend the InterAction Forum 2018.
But what did the volunteering consist you might be asking?
Volunteers serve in different capacities including:
- Helping InterAction staff with pre-conference or conference set-up and activities
- Greeting conference attendees and directing traffic between workshops
- Assisting participants in locating conference rooms and other sites
- Registration at the conference site
- Other miscellaneous support as needed
My volunteer serve:
- Networking Lunch: The volunteers collect meal tickets to make sure guests can have lunch, point them to registration if they need meal tickets, and provide hospitality to guests.
- Registration: Volunteers provide badges to pre-registered attendees and also assist with on-site registration. They encourage members to download the Forum mobile app.
- Breakout Session: Volunteers greet attendees as they arrive at the session and assist speakers as needed with handouts and Q & A. They also serve as timekeeper and get a headcount.
So far okay, I enjoyed it very much, and I inspire everyone to volunteer the next InterAction Forum, but now you may be asking on what consists InterAction itself?
InterAction is the largest U.S. alliance of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), with more than 185 members working in every developing country.
Each year, InterAction hosts Forum, a meeting of the world’s most influential and inspiring organizations, change makers, and executives from the public, private and NGO sectors. The event engages more than 1,000 fellow attendees including leadership from marquee foundations, governments, global industries, the U.N., and national civil society organizations.
InterAction Forum 2018 will feature the world’s most influential and inspiring organizations, change makers, and executives from the public, private and NGO sectors. Engage with more than 1,000 fellow attendees including leadership from marquee foundations, governments, global industries, the U.N., and national civil society organizations.
Providing unparalleled networking, topical and diverse breakout sessions, and high-level general sessions, InterAction Forum 2018 represents a powerful platform on which we can forge common solutions to pressing global challenges.
- Features of InterAction Forum 2018 Include:
- Reduced Registration Fee for InterAction Members
- 50+ Breakout Sessions on Hot Topics and Best Practices
- General Sessions with High-profile Speakers and Themes
- Exhibitor Showcase with the Newest Solutions and Technologies
- CEO Track and Young Professionals Summit
- Dynamic InterAction Awards Recognition Event
- Pre-Forum Workshops, Community Service Project and Documentary Night