I had an amazing time in Evanston and Chicago and I can’t believe my time is almost UP! But hope this list helps anyone else looking to have a good time in the Windy City and surrounding neighbourhoods!
- Ride on a tandem or 4-person bike
- Go to the Illinois State Fair in Springfield in August
- While in Springfield, go to Lincoln’s home and Lincoln’s Tomb
- Go to a Chicago Roller Derby Bout
- Visit the DuSable Museum of African-American History, Field Museum
- Watch a movie in a park e.g. Millennium Park, Hyde Park
- See a film at Music Box Theatre
- Walk around Humboldt Park or Jackson Park
- Visit Old World Wisconsin, have some drinks, eat some cheese
- Attend the Annual Chicago Jazz Festival
- Attend one of The Moth story slam events that happen monthly
There are so many other things I would love to add to this list but I still doubt I would be able to capture all the interesting things that Chicago and Evanston have to offer! In case you missed the first 2 parts of this 3 part blog you can have a look at part 1 here and part 2 here!
Just like in the first 2 blogs, here is a video with more things to do, specifically more foodie things to try: