Everyone keeping asking me why I am always happy, so this article will hopefully answer all your question:
“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
Many people do realize that happiness is a choice. They are not held hostage by any of their circumstances. They do understand that when we stop chasing the world’s definition of happiness, we begin to see clearly, tend to make informed decisions to experience happiness and beyond. Researchers in the field of positive psychology had been reinforcing this. But simply knowing that happiness is a mere choice is not enough, we as humans need to fully understand to morality of decision we will take. Question is how then might each of us begin to experience this joy?
7 Intentional Actions that help me choose happiness:
1. Always count your blessings – Happy people choose to focus on the positive aspects of life rather than the negative. They set their minds on specific reasons to be gratefull. They keep a count of every blessing they have at the end of every day and they quickly discover there is always, always, something to be grateful for.
2. Always smile – A smile can make someone’s whole world move. It is a wonderful beautifier and studies indicate that our facial expression can influence our brain in just the same way our brains influence our face. In other words, you can actually program yourself to experience happiness by choosing to smile. Not to mention, all the pretty smiles you’ll receive in return for flashing yours is also guaranteed to increase your happiness level.
3. Wake up on your terms – Most of us have alarm clocks programmed because of the expectations of others: school, work etc. That’s probably not going to change but that doesn’t mean we have to lose control over our mornings in this process. Start each day on your terms and with one goal to achieve by the end of the day. The next 23 hours will thank you for it. YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS!
4. Practice one life-improving discipline. There is happiness and fulfillment to be found in personal growth. To know that you have intentionally devoted time and energy to personal improvement is one of the most satisfying feelings you’ll ever experience. Embrace at least one act of self-discipline each day. This could be exercise, cooking, or grocery shopping (yes for me it is) whatever your life needs today – Find it. Practice it. Celebrate it.
5. Always use your strengths- Each one of us have talents, strengths, and abilities and when we use them effectively, we feel happy, useful and comfortable in our very own skin. They helps us find joy in our being and happiness in our own-self.
6. Always treat others well – Everyone wants to be treated kindly. But more than that, deep down, we also want to treat others with the same respect that we would like to be given to us. Treat everyone you meet with kindness, patience, and grace. The Golden Rule is a powerful standard, it benefits the receiver but also brings growing satisfaction in yourself as you seek to treat others as you would like to be treated.
7. Search for benefit in your pain –This life can be difficult. Nobody escapes without pain. At some point, in some way, we all encounter it. In those times remind yourself that these times may be difficult, but they will pass. Always choose to look for the benefits that can be found in your trials.
Go today. Choose joy and be happy.
“Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
#AtlasCorpsRepresent #AtlasCorpsFamily #Diversity #Happiness #FellowLife