The realization that the fellowship (and therefore living in the US) will soon be over makes one reflect on the past months and try to figure out how (if at all) I have changed since first arriving in the US.
As part of the preparation of going back home, I’ve noticed there are a few things that have become part of my routine now which I have picked up during my stay here. These habits might seem odd to people back in Romania. Here are a few examples:
- expecting the complimentary glass of water when at a restaurant.
- going to the office with wet hair (being acceptable to walk out with wet hair).
- taking home leftovers aka the doggy bag.
- sending personalized “thank you” cards after receiving a gift or attending a dinner party.
- paying almost every expense using a card.