Council of Foundations Leading Together 2019 National Conference April 29-May 1
Leading Together 2019 is a gathering of leaders in philanthropy and other influencers in business, government, and academia eager to connect, learn, and share with one another. We take learning and relationships seriously. Talks go deep and connect dots. Connections are welcomed and real.
We will also use Leading Together 2019 as an opportunity to celebrate you and all that philanthropy has accomplished throughout our 70 year history of partnering with changemakers to advance the common good.
Leading Together 2019 is where thought leaders go to engage in provocative conversations about the issues, challenges, and opportunities facing philanthropy.
- 2 PLENARIES and 3 LEADERSHIP IN ACTION CONVERSATIONS featuring dynamic visionaries who will inspire you and give you a renewed love for what you do.
- 18 CONCURRENT SESSIONS across four areas—Bridging Divides, Climate Impacts and Vulnerabilities, Inclusive Economic Development, and Philanthropic Practice.
- 3 PRECONFERENCE SESSIONS diving deep into hot topics such as leveraging advocacy communities in crisis, and new, innovative approaches to international grantmaking.
- 3 SITE SESSIONS to get you out in Miami and witness local philanthropy in action.
- 5 NETWORKING EVENTS curated to connect you to foundation leaders and other influencers.
Attending Leading Together 2019 can help spur new ideas, forge new relationships, and bolster your professional skills.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll get out of Leading Together.
Invaluable Learning Opportunities
Leading Together 2019 offers you three days of best practices, training, and big ideas. With almost 50 concurrent sessions, learning labs, breakfast roundtables, and more led by seasoned experts, there is something for everyone — choose the sessions that most pertain to your work and interest. Conference programming will focus on four tracks: bridging divides, climate change and vulnerabilities, philanthropic practice, and inclusive economic prosperity.
Networking With Peers
Networking is embedded into the entire conference experience. Making connections with your industry peers is a great way to forge new partnerships, recruit future talent, and elevate your organization. Opportunities for networking will be everywhere and include the Council’s 70th Anniversary party, Global Philanthropy Reception and Dinner, Speed Networking Reception, New Attendee Reception, and more.
Return on Investment
Attending Leading Together 2019 will allow you and your colleagues to stay current on issues and give you actionable ways to create more impact. One single idea taken back to your home organization can save several thousand dollars and/or lead to more impactful grantmaking.
Develop your reputation as an expert and create brand awareness for your organization by becoming more involved in the sector. Attending Leading Together 2019 is a great way to share what you know and become more engaged — you may even get asked to speak at a future event from a new connection you make.