Engage local. Impact global. Become an Atlas Corps Intern!
Atlas Corps is seeking interns for January – May 2013 for our offices in: Washington, DC; Bogota, Colombia, and Monterrey, Mexico!
Read more about the specific position descriptions:
- DC interns: http://www.idealist.org/view/
- Monterrey interns: http://www.idealist.org/view/
- Bogota interns: http://www.idealist.org/view/
Internship Overview: As a young and growing organization, we seek smart, hard-working interns to take on substantial tasks and contribute to the growth of the organization. Interns should be able to work independently, stay organized, take initiative, pay attential to detail, and have an interest in international relations and cultural exchange. Interns should be proficient in basic computer skills (Microsoft Office and internet research skills required; Gmail and Google Apps skills a plus). Atlas Corps interns play a critical role in our organization and have the opportunity to meet nonprofit leaders from around the world. Interns should be fluent in English, and foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus, but not required. We would also like an intern with knowledge of Sudan to help us boost our outreach and recruitment of candidates in this country, but this is also not a requirement.
Atlas Corps offers several internship positions every semester:
- The Development Intern works with our chief development and engagement officer and assists with social media, grant and proposal writing, fundraising efforts, and research.
- The Program Intern works with our program team to help with global promotion, recruitment, the Fellow selection process, and planning for the Fellows’ orientation and graduation.
- The Training Intern assists with the development of our bi-monthly professional training days for Fellows. Strong technological skills, including comfort with Google Plus, are helpful in this role.
- The Partnerships Intern assists with host organization research and developing relationships with new partners and potential host organizations. Partnerships are crucial to the Atlas Corps business model.
- The Executive Intern will assist our CEO in supporting our program’s expansion to Latin America, host organization research, making travel arrangements, and administrative duties. Our CEO is based in Monterrey, Mexico, so an intern in Monterrey would be preferred, but interns with Spanish skills in Washington, DC may be considered.
- The Latin America Program Intern works with our Latin American Program Director to help with global promotion, recruitment, the Fellow selection process, and answering applicants’ questions.Our Latin American Program Director is based in Bogota, Colombia, so an intern in Bogota would be preferred, but interns with Spanish skills in Washington, DC may be considered.
Organizational Overview: Atlas Corps, started in 2006, is an international network of nonprofit leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st-century challenges. Our mission is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals. Profiled as a “best practice” in international exchange by the Brookings Institution and featured in the Washington Post as a model social entrepreneurship program, Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 12-to-18 month professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global changemakers. Our Fellows serve at Host Organizations such as Ashoka, the Grameen Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen, the UN Foundation, Oxfam, WWF, and the U.S. Peace Corps. In addition to serving at an organization related to their experience, Fellows learn leadership skills while networking with skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
The Atlas Corps internship is unpaid. Interns should be able to work around 12-20 hours a week. For more information and how to apply: