I will start by the two weeks 5 facts:
– Humongous mosquitoes with attitude
– Beautifully mapped city (that is DC by the way) you have a bus stop every one or two blocks, don’t take the bus if you are impatient 😀
– Nice people, everyone is willing to help, I had a woman that roamed the streets with me looking for the bus stop.
– Most people speak so fast, I mean for me, a non-native speaker, I would like to digest the information first and understand. I think this is something you get used to with time.
– When you ask a question, they always compliment by saying good question, which is very encouraging especially for laid back people who don’t initiate conversations.
And also Americans love to be asked questions, at least in my host organization everyone is so happy to answer my questions and they keep checking if I have other questions or not.
– Why do you put tissue paper in the gift bag? Something I didn’t understand, but looks nice though 🙂
– Fashion ranges from business casual to very formal business attires, I would say very relaxed and chic sense of fashion.
Oh I think I have put in more than 5 facts, but this city is my cup of tea, lots of green spaces, clean air, diverse and the list goes on.
This is my second week in DC and aside from combating jet-lag and trying to find my balance, I’m looking forward to enjoying every inch of this city and meeting new friends to be.
I will end my blog with a photo I took nearby where I live, mainly to show off my photography skills 😀 and to translate my personal interpretation of what this city represents.
Just breath-taking scenery and calmness overflow.