Values are important because they help us to grow and develop. They personally help me to create the future I want to experience.
Every individual and every organization is involved in making hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our values and beliefs, and they are always directed towards a specific purpose.
Atlas Corps as an organization that exists for a purpose. Some organizations and their leaders skillfully position their reason for existence central to everything they do. The organization’s purpose engages people. It drives all daily activity within and for the organization. Atlas Corps values help me to define my core strength and abilities. This purpose helps me to define culture.
- Service to a cause greater than yourself: This particular value gives me the courage to do more for the host organization and learning how to fight for new causes that is different from the way I see it from my country back home.
- Empathy: This value helps me to measure abilities to recognize and manage my emotions, and the emotions of other people, both individually and in groups.
- Diversity & Inclusion: It helps my cultural activities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within my team at my host organization, which is known as cognitive diversity.
- Ubuntu: You just have to be open-minded and value to trust. This shows me openness and inclusiveness
- Level 5 Leadership: The drive to leadership has many foundations. For instance, it can depend on your values. What do you find important? What makes you feel fulfilled when you go to work? We have to be honest: different people have different drivers. Some people want to make this place a better world, no matter what it takes. Some people want to make this world a better place, solely based on what THEY believe. Leading helps me to grow and learn from my mistakes.
- Teamwork & Global Collaboration: We come as one but we go and a family. Build a generation that force change into action across the globe. That is what Atlas Corps gives to me and my host organisations.
- Excellence: This is a pathway for me to build my capacity professionally. I have been able to learn new ways of making my profession a success and with Atlas Corps selection as a fellow, I am very optimistic that I will come out in flying colors
The reason why you should Invest in global leaders. Multiply impact. Support Atlas Corps. CLICK TO DONATE I am an Atlas Corps fellow and am from Class 33 serving with Creating IT Future a nonprofit organization of CompTIA. Come join other fellows to build a sustainable future we want to see across the globe.
#AtlasCorps, #SocialChange, AtlasCorpsClass33, Chicago, Innovative, leadership, Volunteerism