This last Christmas, I was lucky to travel to West Pam Beach in Florida to visit my childhood pen-pal whom I had never met! It was a great experience and I’m so grateful to my host organization PVBLIC Foundation for making this happen!
As I was there, I realized how much Florida felt like Africa especially in terms of weather! It felt like I was having my vacation in Mombasa. As Washing DC and other states were going down to minus degrees, I was enjoying the sun and the pam trees all around. It was amazing!
Here are 10 Reasons why I think Florida is one of the coolest places to be in the US:
1. It has lots of places to have your vacation. Miami, Ft.Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater, West Pam Beach, Panama City. Take your pick! Mine was West Palm Beach 🙂
2. It has the best weather in the US. At least to me!
3. I learnt that currently it is one of the very few states that still doesn’t have a state income tax! In fact, some of the best tax structures. Homestead tax exemption on property tax, no estate tax, no inheritance tax and very low sales tax!
4. You’ll quickly become bilingual living there. See, people from everywhere love Florida.
5. Every weekend you decide whether to go to the beach, lay by the pool or go on a boat.
6. It is home to Publix which I learnt is the greatest grocery store in the US! I haven’t come across one in DC 🙁
7. It is totally normal to see the multiple celebrities, sports players and politicians calling Florida their second home on a daily basis. High Profile!
8. A weekend cruise is never out of the question. Not in your car but on a royal caribbean ship and going to Bermuda.
9. If you can’t find a parking spot, they have valet everywhere. Luxurious!
10. I love this one- People in Florida are the deciders in presidential elections. That is interesting!
Now tell me, why wouldn’t Florida be the coolest place to be in the US with all the above? And guess what?…It’s the only state in the US that put Justin Bieber in jail!