Virtual Leadership Institute: Leadership in Times of Change
Developing self. Developing others. Leading through change.
Priority application deadline is July 15, 2022
In today’s ever-changing work environment, leaders thrive when they can do more than just react to change. Leaders need to foresee, initiate, and navigate change. Atlas Corps, in collaboration with the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, invites American and Russian professionals to apply for the Atlas Corps Virtual Leadership Institute to enhance their professional skills, build international networks, and prepare for leadership in times of change.
Virtual Leadership Institute (VLI) is an online learning experience inspired by the established Atlas Corps model where participants build community across borders and promote positive social impact. In addition to building connections with peers in Russia and the U.S. Scholars will join the Atlas Corps network of 1,400 leaders from 115 countries.
Who would benefit from this program?
This program is best suited for professionals who seek structured leadership development, have a passion for social impact, and are interested in making international connections. We encourage NGO professionals, independent business people, graduate students, and other members of civil society to apply for this opportunity.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Fit one of the following categories: 1) Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident in the United States; OR 2) a Russian citizen;
- Has one or more years of work experience, which can include past internships and volunteer experience;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or be a college senior graduating by June 2022;
- Be proficient in English (oral, writing, reading);
- Be aged 40 years old or younger;
- Have the technological capacity to participate in video calls which may be during working hours (1-2 per month);
- Be available to commit to 3-5 hours of online activity and assignments per week for approximately 5 months;
- Be committed to applying the knowledge gained from their Atlas Corps experience in Russia or the U.S.
The Virtual Leadership Institute takes place over five months of online engagement and consists of five learning modules: Orientation, Developing Self, Developing Others, Leading Through Change, and Reflection.
During the program, Scholars will:
- gain a better understanding of their strengths and leadership style;
- explore diverse forms of addressing, navigating, and promoting change on the individual and societal level;
- increase their skills in supporting and communicating with individuals and teams during transitional periods; and
- collaborate on ways to build a more agile workplace culture that is ready for the challenges ahead.
Virtual Leadership Institute activities include:
- Interactive Workshops: monthly virtual workshops designed and facilitated by leading professionals in the social change sector.
- Self-Led Activities: a series of virtual activities focusing on cultivating self-compassion and emotional intelligence, self-awareness in addressing change, methods for change management, and team conflict resolution, among others.
- Peer Coaching Groups: a small group collaboration guided by trained coaches.
- Leadership Projects: a participant-developed project to advance a personal or community-based activity with the possibility of applying for up to $1000 to support its implementation.
- Networking and Intercultural Exchange: Connect with Russian and American professionals for increased mutual understanding across borders.
Key Program Dates
In addition to the professional and personal development received through engagement in this FREE professional development training, participants who successfully complete the Atlas Corps Virtual Leadership Institute will be eligible to receive:
— Eligibility for funds (up to $1,000) to support a Leadership Project implementation that is focused on your professional development and/or on positive social impact for the community;
— Access to additional Atlas Corps trainings and opportunities including lifetime enrollment in the global Atlas Corps Community (of 1,400+ social change leaders from 115+ countries) upon successful completion;
— Enrollment in career networks, which may include Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) and/or Young NonProfit Professionals Network (YNPN);
— Publicity on Atlas Corps external communication channels, including website and social media.
Applicants must fill out this application form to be considered for the opportunity. Please note that the application form is not for the Atlas Corps Fellowship. If you’re interested in applying for the Atlas Corps Fellowship separately, please visit apply.atlascorps.org.
If you are a past candidate who wants to re-apply for the Virtual Leadership Institute, please update your existing application and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform Atlas Corps that you have reapplied.
Unsure if your professional background is the best fit for this opportunity? Before applying, email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Leadership in Time of Change: Virtual Leadership Institute” and we’ll let you know if you should apply or not.
Atlas Corps is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility and encourages candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Privacy & Security Policy
The safety and privacy of the participants are our top priority. Selected participants may opt-out of some of our public media efforts before, during, or after the Virtual Leadership Institute.