Atlas Corps Invites Applications for a New June 2012 Class (U.S.)
*Priority consideration will be given to those who meet specific position-specific criteria (see below for details)
Deadline: January 29th 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time
Atlas Corps is an overseas fellowship for the world’s best nonprofit leaders. Our mission is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month, direct-service fellowship offered three times a year. Fellows serve at Host Organizations such as Ashoka, the Grameen Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the UN Foundation, Oxfam, World Wildlife Fund, and the U.S. Peace Corps. In addition to serving at an organization related to their experience, Fellows will learn leadership skills and nonprofit best practices while networking with skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
Atlas Corps seeks overseas nonprofit leaders to apply for a June 2012 Fellowship in the U.S. This prestigious fellowship includes health insurance, enrollment in the Atlas Corps Nonprofit Management Series training program, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, housing).
We are specifically seeking the profiles below for our June 2012 class:
- Individuals from Rwanda, Vietnam, Bangladesh, or Ghana with direct experience in ehealth/mobile health technology
- Individuals from southern Iraq with program management and report writing experience
- Individuals who speak Spanish, especially those with a background in social work
- Individuals with experience in early childhood development, international teaching, and international education
- Tech-savvy individuals, nonprofit leaders with strong business and technology experience
- – 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- – English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- – 35 years or younger (average age is 28 years old)
- – Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from
- – Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship
For more details about eligibility requirements and the application process, please visit: https://atlascorps.org/apply.php
Questions about Atlas Corps Fellowship to the U.S.? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who have already applied for the September 2011 or March 2012 Fellowship should NOT apply again. We will be sending these applicants an update on the status of their application, and finalists from those application cycles will be considered for the June 2012 Fellowship as well. Moving forward, Atlas Corps will be considering applications on a rolling basis. Apply by January 29th to be considered for the June 2012 class; applications received after that date will be considered for our September 2012 class.