This is a continued list of things to do as a Chicago or Evanston Atlas Corps Fellow OR if you’re just visiting the Midwest. Hope it helps with planning ahead!
- Enjoy the fireworks at Navy Pier (usually on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the summer)… you can also take a Chicago Fireworks Cruise
- Go to the top of the Hancock building/360 Chicago Observation Deck
- Attend a barbeque on 4th of July (then go see some fireworks either at Northwestern University or Navy Pier!)
- Explore a neighborhood you don’t know: Wilmette in the North has the peaceful Bahai Temple, Hyde Park in the South has so much life, try some tacos in Pilsen in the West or lie by the beach in the East.!
- Go for karaoke on a random night
- Attend one of many ongoing neighborhood street festivals…
- Attend’s Northwestern University Dillo Day in June that features really great artists!
- Taste of Chicago in July is always great!
- Lollapalooza in August has lots of GREAT talent!
- Learn to make apple pie the MidWest way.
If you skipped part 1 of the list, take a look here.
Just like in part 1 here is another video with tons more ideas: