What is a Social Sponsor?
A social sponsor is a dedicated friend to one specific Fellow before their arrival and during their stay in the U.S.
What does it entail?
Social sponsors will:
1. Answer questions for Fellows before and during their stay pertaining to:
Living in the United States
Working at a U.S. non-profit
Cultural adjustment, etc.
2. Contact Fellows at least once a week by phone, email and/or in person to check in with them and offer any assistance
3. Organize activities with Fellows (i.e. movies, bowling, dinner)
4. Serve as a point of contact during emergencies
5. Attend DC Friends of Atlas Corps events
6. Meet fun and interesting people from around the world and the U.S.
Scott Beale, The Founder and CEO
Scott Beale is the founder of Atlas Service Corps and an experienced social entrepreneur who has started three citizen sector organizations and helped...
Gbenga Ogunjimi, 29, Lagos Nigeria
Gbenga has ten years of experience in the nonprofit sector, where he has focused primarily on development. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in History and International... Read more..
Atlas Corps Partners
Atlas Corps Host Organizations and Partners include leading organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Below is a list of some of our current and past partners.. Read more..
Volunteer at Atlas Corps
Don't sit back wondering how you can make a difference. Lend a hand to this exciting, growing organization. Whether you have ten hours a week or ten hours a year... Read more..